In honor of the international fashion designer and amazing artist’s birthday (May 16th), we’re listing the fun facts about Christian Lacroix. Here we go:
1. His full name is Christian Marie Marc Lacroix.
2. Lacroix is an Art History major.
3. After graduation Lacroix thought he was going to pursue a career in museums and curators.
4. He’s married to Françoise Rosenthiel since 1974.
5. Lacroix opened his first couture house in 1987, adding a ready-to-wear line, all over Europe.
6. At first, critics didn’t believe in his vision, because of his broad cultural inspiration.
7. He was Emilio Pucci‘s creative director from 2002 until 2005.
8. Lacroix’s last Haute Couture collection was presented in 2009, after financial trouble.
9. Since 2011, Lacroix has been collaborating in the European fashion brand Desigual.
10. Applying his ultimate love for art history and costume design, Lacroix has been involved in several interior design projects, such as hotel decorations and others. Among them, the Hotel Le Petit Moulin and the Hotel Bellechasse in Paris.